1. A. climb B. job C.disturb D. club
2. A. sweater B.meant C. pleasure D. pleased
3. A. drunk B. dustyC. duty D. drug
4. A. breathe B.nothing C. clothes D. weather
5. A. prove B. roseC. wrote D. broke 二、词汇与语法知识(共15小题，每题1.5分，共22.5分)
6. Regular exercisecan you against heart disease.
A. fight B. protectC. keep D. support
7. Over a hundredpeople expressed their worries, but were willing to help.
A. some B. many C.few D. little
8. You can't doanything else until you your homework.
A. finished B. willfinish
C. have finished D.had finished
9. First draw a linethe middle of the page. Then write a word in the space above the line.
A. across B. over C.between D. within
10, The managerhadMs. Brunell the new assistant around yesterday.
A. to show B. showedC. showing D. show
11. Send for a doctorquickly. The man
A. will die B.isdying C. dies D. died
12. I enjoylisteningto Miss:: White; my English teacher, ，I canonly understand about half ofwhat she says,
A. when B. because C.if D. though
13. The bag is veryheavy. Come and lend me a hand, ?
A. should you B. doyou C. can you D. will you
14. After working fortwo hours, I found impossible'to complete the paper in time.
A. me B. this C. thatD. it
15. It was very kindof you to clean the office, though you
A. needn't do B.wouldn't have
C. didn't have to D.mustn't have done
16. The fasteranything goes up into the sky,
A. it reaches thehighest B. it reaches the higher
C. the highest itreaches D. the higher it reaches
17. Joe took hisfriends there by a shortcut, reduced the drive from 50 minutes to 15.
. where B. which C. thatD. what
18. there like that, you remind me of your father.
A. To sit B. Being sitting C. Sitting D. Sit
19. He told me that the number of students to be admitted at thattime.
A. had not been decided on B. were not decided on
C. has not been decided on D.are not decided on
20. Jack told his daughter that she could have she wanted forChristmas.
A. which B. whatever C. that D. whenever 三.完形填空(共15小题;每题2分，共30分。)
It was the late spring of 1979, a hot Saturday afternoon. Hundredsof us sat 21 , side by, side, in rows of wooden chairs on the maincampus lawn (校园草坪). We 22' blue robes (毕业生长袍). We listenedcarefully to long 23 . When the ceremony (典礼)was 24_,wethrew! our caps in the air, and we were officially graduated from college.
After that, I found Morrie Schwartz, my 25 professor, and introducedhim to
my 26 .. He was a small man who took small steps, as ifa 27 windcould; at any time, 28 him up:into the cloudS! His teeth were in good shape:When he smiled it was as if you had just 29 him the funniest joke on earth.
He told my parents how I 30 every class he taught. Hetold them, "You havea 31 boy here. He helped me a 10t." Shy but 32 ,I looked at my feet. Before we left,I 33 Mr. Schwartz a 'present, a briefcasewith his name on the front. I didn't want to forget him. 34 I didn't want himto forget me. He asked if I would keep in 35 , and without hesitation (犹豫) I said, "Of course." Whenhe turned around, I saw tears in his eyes.
21. A. along B. around C. beside D. together
22.A. took B. wore C. put on D. got in
23. A. lectures B. dialogues C. speeches D. reports
24. A. on B. up C. over D. away
25. A. lovely B. precious C. happy D. favorite
26. A. parents B. elder brothe? C. girl friend D' friends
27. A. strong B.north C. warm D. cold
. beat B. pull C. blow D.wipe
29. A. made B. told C. played D. given
30. 'A. left B. reached C. missed D. took
31. A. special B. brave C. busy D. serious
32. A. astonished B. pleased C. disappointed D. nervous
33. A. handed B. sent C. delivered D. brought
34. A. While B. But C. And D. For
35. A. conversatior B. mind C: company D. touch 四.阅读理解(共15小题：每题3分，共45分。)
After working long hours On her feet everyday in the operating,room, Taryn Rose' knew a lot about foot pain. But unlike most of hercolleagues(同事),she turned her pain into money: Todayshe is the boss of Taryn Rose International, a $528 million company that makesnice and comfortable shoes.
At the beginning, Rose realized the only thing that could stop herwas fear of ,failure. "I couldhear my friends and family saying, 'Why didyou leave a good job?' If I failed, would I be okay facing them? And: tthought, 'So what? I can go back for further study in medicine.' I started toaccept that it would be okay to say, 'I failed, but I tried.' Once I wascomfortable with that th6fight, the fear came to an end. I realized I fearedregret more than failure. And after you turn to the path you choose, there isnothing acceptable but Success"
Now, Rose has no regrets about leaving medicine. "What I'mdoing is not all that different from: what I Was doing as a doctor. The goal isthe same: to relieve (减轻) pain. A former professor toldme: 'You're helping hundreds of thousands of women with your shoes. As adoctor, you would have helped only the few who went to your office. You'rehaving a much greater effect.'
Looking back, Rose admits she caught a couple of lucky breaks."To me, luck is about being prepared for those opportunities (机会) that come knocking. You have to have an open mind, the rightskilis and all your senses working 'to see what opportunities presentthemselves. Luck
can open the door, but youstill have to walk through it."
36. Before starting:her shoe business, Taryn Rose was a
A. nurse B. worker C. doctor D. boss
37. Rose realized later was the most fearful for her to have or facein her job change.
A. failure B. regret C. family D. colleagues
38. What did her former professor think about Rose and her new job?
A. She doesn't have to meet many people in her office.
B. Her new work is qtiite different from her old job.
C. She can now serve more people than before.
D. Hernew work is much more difficult.
39. Which of thefollowing can best!explain the last sentence in thepassage?
A. You have to do what you can afterluck brings you opportunities.
B. You should open the door when opportunities come to you.
C: YOu haveto be prepared for walking through the door.
D. You should open your eyes to see opportunities clearly.
Last fall was a first-of-its-kind season. I did notarrange (安排) any after-schoolclasses formy children. No swimming.'No music lessons. No play dates. Nothing.
Once they finished their homework, they were free to do what theypleased, but only onehour of TV. In the beginning, my sons, Ben, 11, and Nick,9, were anxious about this sudden,unplanned freedom. I had to, push them out ofthe door with a ball, a bike, and so on. "Play? Iordered.
I learned that this new plan takes time, patience and a lot of faithin the theory that havingexcellent grades isn't really important.
When my older kids, now in college and high school, were young, Ibrought in the rules ofmodern parenting. They are unspoken, but followedcarefully. First, you must let your childhave a variety of activities. Afterall, you never know where you'll find a genius (天才).Second, if the child shows the slightest talent (才能),the activity must be pushed with lessons, special coaching (辅导) and practice
of several days a week.Every minute should be taken and every minute has a purpose. That was reallytoo much for my children.
Now with the new plan, we told stories, We listened to music. And'the. kids played with bikes, balls, and whatever was handy. Nobody kept score.In fact, the boys played outside so much that the lawn was worn down to thesoil in places. They've made friends with those who come from all over theneighbourhood to play games.
We like those peaceful evenings. Ben and Nick have a good time thisfall, MaYbe that's because the time offhas allowed us to enjoy each other'scompany;
40.What was new for the family last fall?
A. The children began to learn music when school was over.
B. The writer arranged no' extra lessons for the children.
C.The writer found no time to play with the sons.
D. The children had nothing toclo alter schooli
41. At the beginning of that season the children
A. hatedto spend more time on their homework
B. felt excited about making their own decisions
C. were pleased to have more freedom
D; were worried about thechange
42. According to ',modern parenting" discussed in Paragraph 4,parents should
A. make use of every minute to be with the children
B, provide coaching and practice for each, activity .
C.try ex, cry means to find a child's real talent
D. know the rules but never talk about them
43. Fromthe passage we learn that
A. children like story'telling more.than bike-riding
B. parents should teach theirchildren how to make a plan
C. children should have time to enjoy themselves after school
D. parents can enjoy their evenings when children play with others
A woman:heads into apopular New York City coffee shop on a cold: winter rooming. Justahead of her, a man drops a few papers. The woman pauses to help gather them. Aclerk ata bus
y store thanks a customerwho has just bought something. "Enjoy" the young woman says, smilingwidely. "Have a nice day." She sounds like she really means it. Thesearethe common situations we may see every: day.
However, in her best-selling book Talk to the Hand, Lynne Trussargues that common good manners such as saying "Excuse me" almost nolonger exist. There are certainly plenty who would agree with her. According toone recent study, 70 percent of the U.S. adults (成A.)saidpeople are ruder now than they were 20 years ago.
Is it really true? We decided to find out if good manners are reallyhard to see. In this politeness study, reporters were sent to many cities inthe world. They performed three experiments: "door tests" (wouldanyone hold the door open for them?); "paper drops" (who would helpthem gather a pile of "accidentally" dropped papers?); and "servicetests" (which salesclerks would thank them for a purchase [购物]?)
In New York,60 tests (20 of each type)were done. Along the way, the reporters met all typesof people: men and women of different races, ages, professions (职业), and income levels. And guess what? In the end, four out of everyfive :people they met passed their: politeness test making New York the most polite city in the study.
44, What does Lynne Truss argue in Talk to the Hand?.
A. People are not as polite as they used to.
B. "Excuse me" is not welcome nowadays.
C. Of all the adults in the US 70% are rude,
D. People don't care about manners any more.
45. What is TRUE about the politeness study discussed in thepassage?
A. The study was reported in many cities of the world.
B. New Yorkwas the most suitable city for the experiment.
C. Sixty tests were designed to see if people are polite to eachother.
D. Experiments were performed to see if common good manners exist.
46. What is found in the study?
A. More people passe
d the tests in New York than in anyother cities.
B. Different kinds of people acted differently in the New York tests.
C. Four out of five people passed the politeness test in the study.
D. Manypeople in the experiment passed the tests by guessing.
This is not a diet (减肥食谱) or a hard~exercise program. Nobody can stick to those for long. Instead, it's a simpleway to make weight loss a natural part of the life you already live. And guesswhat? It's fun! You don't have to give up the foods you love or do regularexercises. It's about balancing calories(平衡卡路里) in tinyways that add up to big benefits (好处). You just usesome tricks the "naturally thin" people do. Pick the ones you like,stick with them, and you'll lose weight and be strong!
Talk it UP Every time you pick Up the phone, stand up and walkaround. Heavy people sit on average two and h half hours more every day thanthin people, according to astudy.
Get face time We use e-mailso much that we've forgotten what ourcolleagues look like.
Pick a colleague or two who sit farthest from you: and deliver 10 ofthose daily messages in person. And go out of your way: go to a bathroom oracopy machine on another floor and take the stairs, of course.
Think about your drink Consider beer or wine instead of a frozen drink:A glass of regular beer has 140 calories and a serving of wine has 126calories, while a strawberry daiquiri has about 300 and a margarita 340.
Reduce a total of 100 calories each day and you'll be able to loseabout 10 pounds in a year. This is really not difficult to do.
47. What is mainly talked about in the passage?
A. How to do exercises daily.
B. How to lose weight easily.
C. How to work comfortably.
D: How to eat and drink regularly.
48. Which of the following statements is TRUE according to thepassage?
A. Thin people sit fewer hours daily than heavy people.
B. People delivermessages to their colleagues in person.
C. More people walkaround when they talk on the phone.
D. Heavy people makelonger phonecalls than thin people,
49, What does thewriter mean by “face time” inParagraph 37
A. Time for gettingto know each other. B. Time for sharing ideas face to face.
C, Time for doingsmall jobs, D. Time for sharing ideas face to face
50. Which of thefollowing probably has the most calories?
A. Strawberrydaiquiri. B. Regular beer.
C. Margarita: D.Wine. 五.补全对话(共5句;每句满分为3分，共15分。)
D: Excuse me, 51 ?I'm completelylost.
G: Oh, I'm sorry. I'ma stranger here myself. Why don't you ask the policeman over there?
D: Excuse me,officer. I'm asking about the way to the train station.
P: 52 Just get off atthe last stop and there it is.
D: Yes, Bus No. 12,53 ?
P: Go ahead this way54 You'll see the bus stop there.
D: Thanks a lot.
P: 55 六.书面表达(满分30分)
Li Ming' 选择题答案：
1.A 2. D 3. C 4. B 5.A 6. B 7. C 8. C 9. A
10. D 11. B 12. D 13.D 14. D 15. C 16. D 17. B 18. C
19. A 20. B 21. D 22.B 23. C 24. C 25. D 26. A 27. A
28. C 29. B 30. D 31.A 32. B 33. A 34. C 35. D 36. C
37. B 38. C 39. A 40.B 41. D 42. C 43. C 44. A 45. D
46. A 47. B 48. A 49.B 50. C
51. can you tell mewhere the train (/railway) station is/can you show me the way
the train (/railway)station
52. You may take Bus No. 12 / Bus No. 12 will take you there
53. but where is the nearest (bus) stop / but how can I find thenearest (bus) stop
54. Turn right at the second traffic lights
55. You're welcome / My pleasure
(五) One possible version:
I've got a new job at a bankin the main business area of the city.I'm moving to 3-12 City Garden, 14 OxfordStreetnext week. It's quite close to the bank. I've almost finished packing andhopefully the move will go smoothly.
Though my new home is about an hour's drive from your place, I'msure I'll have time to visit you and your family often, as I did in the pastyears. You are welcome to visit my new home anytime at weekends. Call me at7635089 and let me know how you'redoing.
桂公网安备 45010502000448号a> 版权所有：广西铭杰教育科技有限公司